The Swing by the Sea


By the sea
I was standing by the swing
As you came by and sat

I stepped back
Pulled the swing
And let it loose

Slowly you opened your wings
And everytime the swing came back
Your warm wings crashed on me

I never saw your face
I knew your mind was empty
I knew you stared at the horizon

Just as I thought
The wings would only trace this pendulum
You flew towards the setting sun

Do you know how to swim?
Do you know there's no island in sight?
Do you know it will be dark soon?

Or that
Even if you change your mind
You might be too tired to return

Or did you fly away
Only because you knew this all

Another day
I would have come with you
But I just looked down
And kept swinging the swing

I'm not your sea
I'm not your horizon
But I will be here
Your shore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING (ELSE) MATTERS

A GOODBYE TO GOODBYE

FIRST LOVE